Regulation 9: What type of building work is exempt from building control charges because it falls within Regulation 9 of The Building (Local Authority Charges) Regulations 1998 (SI 1998 No 3129)?
The building work which is exempt from charges is:
- Any alteration to an existing public building or home occupied by a disabled person which is solely for the purpose of enabling a disabled person to get in or out, or to provide better facilities for a disabled person.
- The provision or extension of a room in a home where the sole use of the room will be
- To carry out medical treatment of a disabled person which cannot be carried out in another room, or
- To store medical equipment used by a disabled person, or
- To replace or adapt accommodation or a facility in a building which already existed but which a disabled person could not use without assistance.